Netgear routers are widely known for their advanced features, one of the being able to connect to the Amazon Alexa devices to enable voice activation and voice commands. To connect the Amazon Alexa (amazon alexa setup) with the Netgear router, the user will have to download the Nighthawk app on their device first. But before downloading the app, the user must have logged in to their Netgear router as well as their Amazon Alexa device.
The user will also need to enable the remote access on their Netgear router using the Nighthawk App before they can go on to connect the Netgear router to the Amazon Alexa device or amazon alexa setup.
Troubleshooting steps to enable remote access on the Netgear router using the Nighthawk App:
- Connect the mobile device to the Netgear router’s Wi-Fi network.
- Now, launch the Nighthawk App from the mobile device.
- Enter the Netgear router’s username and password to Sign in to the network.
- The web-based Dashboard will display.
- On the top justify side of the screen, tap the Menu icon.
- Tap the Settings icon. The user will see the Remote Management option.
- Move the Remote Management slider to the right to enable the remote access.
Now, the Remote Access will be enabled. The user can now link their Netgear skill to the Alexa App.
Troubleshooting steps to enable the Netgear router to work with Amazon Alexa manually:
- Connect the mobile device to the Wi-Fi network of the Netgear router.
- Launch the Alexa app on the same mobile device.
- Tap the Home icon. Now, tap the Skills icon.
- Type NETGEAR in the search field provided.
- Tap the NETGEAR skill in the list.
- Now, tap the Link Account option to link the account. The NETGEAR sign in page will display.
- The user will have to enter the Netgear credentials in the space provided to Sign in.
- Tap the Accept option.
Now, the Netgear skill will be linked to the Alexa app. The user can now use their Alexa app to use their Netgear router.